Friday, August 6, 2010

Makin' Memories

We are off to make some memories! Once again I am taking my 3 musketeers on a trip. This is the 5th year of travel with niece Gwyn, son Will,and daughter Dana. I remember 5 years ago, newly divorced and in desperate need of a fun adventure. I packed up the car, picked up Gwyn in MA and we headed to a rental cottage in Maine that I had talked the owner into giving us for a very reasonable price. It was a week of making HAPPY memories, it had been awhile for those kind of memories. The next year was TN and hiking in the Smokies. The story of running into a bear on the trail the first day has been told many times and each time that bear gets a little closer and a little bigger. Then came 2 years in a row going to RI, we loved it so much we just had to do a repeat.
This year it is off to Lake Superior. We have rented a cottage in the woods on a river, just a short walk to Lake Superior. I am eager to see what memories will be made this time. I love hearing the kids talk about our trips later and know that they have fond memories stored up. Life gets hard some time and they will need to go into their memory storage bank and pull out some memories to get them thru. Gotta go now and make some memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment