Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I can't believe it but the winter blues are already hitting me! The Christmas tree isn't even down and I am already having blues attacks. Yesterday I tried to do some work at school and I I felt like I was in one of those dreams where you are trying to run but everything is in slow motion. I gave up, went home, crawled in bed and slept for 2 hours. A sure sign of the winter blues.

I am going to be diligent about using my "winter blues emergency kit". My kit includes vitamins, sticking my face in the sun when it appears every 12th day and exercise. But this year I am going to add another tool....writing. I have been reading my cousin's daughters blog (jodimichelle.com) and she inspires me. She writes her way thru life, we all just have been invited to join her. I see what good therapy it provides her.

So today I am going to start right where I am at....my living room! The gifts are all sitting on the floor, wrapping paper supplies under the tree, and my lovely pine branch mantel decoration has fallen down and not one needle remains on the branch. I am going to pick up.

Now the way my mind works is something like this...I will pick up, order new shades for the windows, figure out what to do with the blank wall, get a new coffee table, I will take pictures and write about it, etc. etc. etc. No wonder I usually fail.

I will pick up the living room...period...and maybe dream about what I will do to complete this room, I think that's fair and take before and after pictures because that is just so darm motivating! Picking up this room will help with my winter blues because I will get exercise doing it and I will have accomplished something. So here goes, talk to you when I'm done...

No comments:

Post a Comment