Sunday, January 10, 2010

Consistantly Habititially Working on Life

   Why is it so hard to be consistant?  That is a question I have asked myself a million times as I try to stick with an activity that I want to include in my life like exercise, eating right or flossing my teeth. Maybe I have been going about this backwards.  Maybe I should look at the things that have become habits and see why they have "stuck".  For example this morning I am going to church.  A habit that I stick to.  I do not like getting up and getting the kids and I out the door.  The commute is long.  Most of the time I like the social part but sometimes I am not feeling particularly social.  I love the music and the sermon.  I go away feeling as if I am closer to God and know Him better.  I am blessed everytime I go.  
   Another habit that has stuck is getting up early before work.  I give myself at least half an hour before I have to get anyone else up.  I make myself a cup of coffee and I get on my laptop.  I read e-mail, morning devotions, and a couple of blogs about home decoration I enjoy.  I write like this morning.  I will skip sleep to do this because I enjoy it so much.  

    So there are two activities that are now habits that I don't even have to work at.  I see that both of them I enjoy.  Both of them make my life richer, feed my mind and soul in some way.  Both of them have a set time, they are on a schedule.

    With my new habits I think I need to find a way that they are enjoyable.  I need see how the new activites enriches my life.  A scheduled time for the new habit seems to be key.
    
   Maybe it is as simple as putting on a pair of favorite flip flops and get going?  Brrrr it 8 degrees this morning!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment