Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Its all in a day

I was watching a Master Piece theater movie yesterday and one of the characters talked about how her father would have his children write in two columns.  One column was for the morning and what you thought would happen that day and one was for the evening where you wrote what really happened. If I had done that yesterday the two columns would look nothing alike!
I went back to work after Christmas break.  I work as a special education vocational instructor.  My young adults do custodial work in our school.  First off I discovered we had no water in half of the building.  I altered the cleaning plan to accomadate this fact.  Then one of my students reported there was water coming from one of the rest room ceilings and then all *&^(&% broke lose as pipes began to burst all over the large lunch room.  No one knew how to turn the main water off at first.  The fire alarm went off several times. Staff worked on sopping up water.  Plumbers were called.  Students were contained in classrooms.  One of my students arrived late and slipped in the water.  We had no water for 2 hours while the plumber fixed the pipes. Many staff thought we should cancel school because its not legal to have classes when we don't have rest rooms but the principal thought otherwise.  I could never have predicted yesterday!
Today I hope to actually clean the school with my crew.  I hope to work on insulating my upstairs (my home renovation project), pick up a perscription, do some bills and get some christmas thank-yous in the mail.  We will see how that all turns out...today is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment